Canadian Electrical Code and CSA Standards Expert
Type of Employment: Full time, permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Remuneration and Provisions:
- Above industry average salary commensurate with experience
- Eligibility for overtime
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Company vehicle
- Cell phone
- Company expense account
We are looking for an energetic electrical technologist who is interested in taking their career to the next level. The right candidate will have working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and ideally one or more applicable CSA Standards.
Give us your passion and energy and we will help you reach the pinnacle career of the electrical world! We will help you become an expert that everyone looks up to for knowing whether their product meets all the safety and code requirements for Canada.
What you would be doing:
Your home office is where your day would start. This is where you would review your client schedule for the day and study any drawings and photos submitted by clients to allow you to prepare for inspection of their equipment.
Travel to the client site in a company provided car, where you would do a visual inspection of the equipment to check for compliance with the relevant CSA Codes and Standards. Remember, you are the expert, so the client will ask you many questions. They look up to you!
After you have inspected the equipment, you will make a determination of whether the equipment has passed the requirements or not. You will generate a summary report of what you inspected and document whether you decided to apply an approval label or not.
An inspection will typically take 1-4 hours depending on the complexity of the equipment you are looking at.
After you are done with one client, you will go to the next one. Every client will be different…we service every possible industry and commercial establishment you can think of. After one year of inspections, you will have inspected everything from cranes to windmills to robots. The diversity of experience you will gain from this role is second to nothing else out there.
And since you are the expert that everyone will look up to, you will be asked to join national and international committees on standards and safety. Your participation in these committees will further enhance your career and build on the respect that everyone will have for you.
Expertise you will have or gain after joining us (we will train you to bring you up to speed):
- Canadian Electrical Code
- CSA SPE-1000 and various product CSA Standards
- Writing inspection reports;
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings, schematics, and electrical code specifications
Things we would like you to have prior to joining us:
- Familiarity with Canadian Electrical Code and one or more CSA product safety standards
- At least 2 years of industry experience
- Familiarity with industrial electrical equipment and control panels
- General understanding of workplace safety
- Ability to drive (G license)
- Permanent residency status in Canada (to allow you to travel to other countries for inspections, if required)
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
Visit our website at www.attestasafety.com to learn more
Interested in applying? Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are applying to. We will review your submission and contact suitable candidates for next steps.