Client Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions stated in this document are an integral part of any work that is performed by Attesta for any of its clients. These terms and conditions shall be considered enforceable in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. If you have any questions about any of the points below, please contact your Attesta representative for further details.
Confidentiality of your information:
AAttesta representatives will take all reasonable measures to safeguard the confidentiality of any proprietary information received directly from its clients or through other sources (such as a complainant, regulator, etc.). This includes proprietary information that is received through:
- document transmission, whether in digital or physical format.
- verbal communication.
- acquired by any other means during the evaluation process.
If required by law or authorized by contractual commitments, and unless prohibited by law, Attesta will notify its client of any information that was disclosed for such a situation. In any other situation, Attesta will not share the above described information to any third party without written consent of its clients.
Attesta representatives will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the evaluation of your products is handled in a professional and competent manner.
Attesta may perform evaluation activities using subcontracted resources. In such cases, the subcontracted resources are bound to the same terms and responsibilities as any other Attesta employee.
In the case of an unresolved complaint or dispute relating to conformance with accreditation criteria, the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is considered the final level of appeal. Attesta will abide by all SCC decisions pertaining to accreditation criteria.
Limit on Liability:
In no event shall the aggregate liability of Attesta and/or any of its representatives exceed the total amount paid or payable to Attesta for services rendered by Attesta in relation to the subject equipment that is the cause of any claim by the Client.
- Comply with all of Attesta’s requirements during the evaluation, including supplying of any information requested for the evaluation
- Notify Attesta representative of any situation where a product bearing an inspection label could lead to a potential hazard.
- Understand that any subsequent modifications to a piece of equipment bearing an Attesta label voids the approval of that equipment.
- Notify Attesta of any situation where an inspection label is damaged
- Promptly pay any invoiced amounts for rendered services.
- Understand that Product Inspection is an alternate approval process for electrical products permitted by Canadian Jurisdictions by means of the SPE-1000 Model Code. It should only be used when Product Certification is not practical. The use of this process is limited to the requirements listed in the Scope section of the SPE-1000 Model Code.
- Allow Attesta to fulfill its obligations to SCC and AHJ’s in the event that the SCC and/or AHJ’s need to be present at the client site for examinations or observations related to inspections conducted by Attesta.
- Any claims regarding field evaluation shall only be made within the scope of the Certificate of conformity and in reference to the specified standards identified on the Certificate of conformity. This includes any communication media such as documents, brochures or advertising.
- Not to use the statement of conformity in such a manner as to bring Attesta into disrepute, and not to make any reference regarding a statement of conformity that Attesta might consider to be misleading or unauthorized.
- Comply with the requirements of Attesta when referring to a statement of conformity in any communication media, such as documents, brochures or advertising.
- These terms and conditions are posted at http://www.attestasafety.com and may be amended from time to time. Client acknowledges agreement with the latest version of Attesta’s terms and conditions when requesting future services from Attesta.